Monday 23 July 2007

Where is the wisdom in that?

Owwwwww.....

Over the weekend my lower right wisdom tooth decided it was missing out on this thing we call daylight and wanted to come and join us! Except there was a the small matter of my gums and other teeth being the way... ouch.

I have been on painkillers all weekend and am off to see the dentist for an emergency appointment any minute now. There is a small chance that it is infected because my face is swollen (no sniggering!!). Pants!!! It's so expensive and painful to get a wisdom tooth extracted these days! I was quoted £450-500 to get them taken out a few years ago! Outrageous.

I really hate going to the dentist. Ever since my dental surgeon accidentally injected anaesthetic into my bloodstream instead of my nerve! Gah!

Anyway, what is the point of wisdom teeth?

6 comments:

Lucia said...

I had the exact prob a few weeks ago, infected gum where it was growing in. Hurt like HELL. xxx

Clare said...

Ouch - poor you. BTW what happened about the neighbours?

Soph said...

I saw the dentist and he said it was partially erupted and had split my gum which is now infected. So a week's worth of antibiotics to get rid of the infected and swelling. Then we'll see.

The x-ray showed it shouldn't push other teeth out of the way but if it does try to, we either extract it or give it an ASBO (haha).

He thinks it's unusual for wisdom teeth to fully erupt at my age so we hope it just stays put and doesn't want to move any more!

Hooray!!!!

Lucia said...

thats exactly what mine did, I got antibiotics but it did clear up really quickly. Did they put ointment on it? It tastes awful that crap! x

Soph said...

Oo no, no ointment, just the antobiotics! I suppose everything gets worse before it gets better and yesterday was not nice, so I didn't go in to work. My ear aches today! BOO!!! I'll be surprised if the antibiotics aren't kicking in by tomorrow though! :)

Hey Clare, I posted an update on the neighbour situation!

Soph x

Lucia said...

Ugh, I had it right into my ear too, I thought I had an ear infection but after 48 hours the pain went. I hope you're feeling better now. Are you not on MSN these days? I've got 3 weeks of chemo to go woohoo!!

Looch x