Thursday 12 July 2007

Mr Motorbike Man

We had a break from the norm this morning when Floyd had to leave the house before me. Usually I am up very early and out of the door just as he is stirring in bed but he needed to be in work early for one reason or another.

Anyway, I was keeping busy getting ready to leave when I noticed a sheet of paper has been slipped under the door. It was a prunish message to 'Mr Motorbike Man' and was complaining that he shouldn't slam the door but put the key in it and gently close it.

We live in an old converted hospital (www.royalherbert.co.uk) and we are in a building with about 6 other apartments. We have lived there 4 1/2 years and the neighbours are all really nice actually. There are some new people on our landing so I guess it must be them.

I think in the Summer, doors seem to grow slightly as the wood swells a bit. Our door is much stiffer now.

Everyone likes to think of themselves as the perfect neightbour and I seem to have had lots of feuds with neighbours way back in the past. Floyd and I used to live in a small flat below a very noisy girl who had the TV on at full volume at 4am and used to stamp around. We are usually very well behaved so it was a bit of an awakening to get this note!

It only annoyed me because it was 'anonymous' and was very sarcastic to poor Floyd! Floyd hasn't seen the note yet. But I wrote a reply on it saying to pop round and just talk, Mr Motorbike Man doesn't bite and neither do I! I pinned the note up in the communal area by the main front door where we all share a message board.

Hope we don't get a 'neighbours from hell' situation!!!!

5 comments:

Clare said...

Ummmmm - how about showing them the video we watched on Sunday. The one of Floyd charging about the stage With Not Much On! On second thoughts, perhaps not.

Soph said...

Heh heh!!!!

Lucia said...

"mr motorbike man"


HA

x

Soph said...

I know!! tell me about it! I should have replied "Mr Sarcastic Git"...

Soph said...

Floyd, ever the peace keeper and nice guy has done something to our door so that it just gently clicks shut. Tsssk...

I was waiting for 'Round 2'!!!

Damn nice guys....they are no fun!
Boo!!!