Tuesday 21 August 2007

Photos

I had a thought that I might make this more a photo-blog. I am a faffer. Through and through. Can't decide. I love photo blogs though and then I wouldn't have to write very much! Hurrah!

Here are some animals....grrr!!!



Still don't know if this little guy is a stoat or a weasel. Floyd had just finished his 7 months worth of chemo treatment and we were at last allowed to be more than an hour's drive from the hospital. Freedom! So we stayed at my aunt and uncle's remote and charming holiday home near the border of Wales. Floyd was still quite weak but we had a little walk down the lane to the river. I was carrying my camera and long lens around my neck and just happened to have my finger on the shutter button. I heard a rustle in the hedge and Floyd said "LOOK!!!" I spun round clicking as I went and got this. He's so sweet (the stoaty thing, not Floyd...although he is kinda nice!)



This one I called 'Floyd's eyebrow going for a walk...for obvious reasons...



Some people love this picture of a horse standing alone on top of a cliff in Galway. Actually it was having a wee. Sorry to shatter the illusion!



My mum has lots of sweet little bantams as pets. Meet the Speckles (above....)



....and the teapots (they have very fluffy feet and can't walk properly because their 'knickers' are too fluffy. They waddle!



Yeah. She looks cute now but while she was pretending to be sweet and innocent, her babies were eyeing up my camera case!



Does my bum look big in this?



Zzzz....(they'd probably just eaten a small tourist)



"Floyd can you just STOP revving the engine and find reverse...NOW!!!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recognise some of them from your honeymoon photos Sophie. They are very good pictures, as always. I am sure that is a stoat in the first picture. Depends on it's tail.

Speak soon.

Joan

Soph said...

Yes! From Kruger National Park. I have hundreds of those to sort though. I'll post some more. I really wanted to see a leopard. We spend most of the time there looking for leopards but always just managed to miss them. We'd get to a rest camp and overhear someone saying "aw man! did you see that leopard back there on the rock by the side of the road?"........we'd jump back in the 4x4 and vanish in a cloud of dirt to go looking for it....sigh...never did see one!

I'd just like to say the chickens aren't from Kruger though....more like Elmsted, Kent, UK!

Hope you're well!

Soph x