Thursday 27 May 2010

Remembering Davo

Whilst looking through old emails, I came across a poem from Davo about our friendship. I've been thinking about him a lot lately (mainly because I am watching the final few episodes of Lost!! We used to discuss Lost for hours, about what was really going on and how it would end. He was so cross that he would not get to see the grand finale when he was dying 3 years ago. We agreed that I'd watch it right through to the last ever episode and he'd be there next to me on the sofa each time!! I know he has been doing just that and I am glad about it!).

Davo died 3 years ago tonight, the wee neep! He is loved and missed as much as he ever was!!

Anyway, the poem...

Soph

My soul is the piano, her words are the keys.
Together we compose, the best of symphonies.

How my soul replays her words of the day.
Like a composer writing a play.

I hear the music, as she strikes a key.
an orchestra, is what I see.

Two souls that share a common ground.
a friendship they have found.

What is a piano, without the player.
It's like a soul, without a desire.

It sits alone in the dark,
waiting for someone to light a spark.

A hope or a desire,
waiting for someone to inspire.

To play a song of the heart,
a song of two souls that will never be apart.

5 comments:

Sebastian said...

Hello Sophie, I am sorting through my old bookmarks and found your blog-site. It was nice to read this :-)
I am wondering how you have been? Did you like the Lost-finale? I thought it was really beautiful and deep, but I had hoped for some more answers to some of the great mysteries of the show..
So long,
Seb

Soph said...

Hi Basti,

I'm good thanks, hope you are too. A lot has changed recently but it's all OK.

I haven't watched the final 2 episodes yet so don't tell me!!! I was so behind that I had to download everything to watch it, then my pc at home broke. I am waiting to fix it so I can then watch the finale.

Would Davo have liked it?

Sophie

Sebastian said...

It's nice to hear that things are going OK for you. A lot of things have changed here too - like I grew from Basti into Seb (it's cool to see someone calling me Basti again!) but life is good.

"Would Davo have liked it?"

I asked myself that question, but I have no idea lol
In the battle of faith vs. science in Lost, Davo has always been a 'man of science', but the ending was clearly a faith-thing. I can't write more, since you haven't seen it, but there are certainly a lot of things he would have loved (esp. the last 10 minutes of the show) :-)
I am kind of happy that I could watch it alone, because I wept like a girl.. yeah.

Have a lovely and sunny day,
Seb

Soph said...

Hi Seb/Basti-person,

OK, I really must watch the ending and find out what happened. I don't see how they can answer all the unexplained events/questions in just the last 2 episodes but it will be great to see. Does that mean I will weep like a boy? :)

I wouldn't go as far as saying things are going OK, but they WILL be OK - eventually! These are strange times!

Keep well.

Soph

Sebastian said...

I wish you good luck with everything, Sophie :-)

And I would like to read what you thought of the Lost Finale, later, when you have seen it... and if you wept like a boy, of course!

Seb