Thursday 11 February 2010

Art & Crafty

First post of the New Year and it's a whinge! I bought a print online of an artist I really admire. I have wanted this print for a couple of years now but was waiting for the price to come down a bit. Was very pleased to have finally taken the plunge! Got a call from the owner of the art website saying thanks for the payment but they forgot they don't have this print any more! Lost for words really. Well...I have some but I can't repeat them here.

I spent New Year's Eve with one of my dearest and oldest buddies Melissa Sadie Wright (aka Homeslice). Liss is a celebrated artist, photographer and interior designer living on top of a mountain in Spain! We grew up together in the depths of Kent and basically spent nearly 30 years laughing until we almost wet ourselves! Niiiice....classy chicks! Her work is amazing, particularly her landscape and macro photography - which inspires my photography a lot actually. I have a few of her pieces hanging in my apartment. I wish I had more! Have a look at some of her work here.

Liss was drinking red wine mixed with coca-cola on New Years Eve. I did try to shuffle away and pretend I didn't know her but a few hours later and I was drinking pints of the stuff myself. It's a common drink in Spain apparently. It wasn't toooo bad! Don't tell my dad though!!

I have a new flash gun for my EOS so am playing around with that at the moment - bouncing the flash off the walls and ceiling etc. I have so much camera kit to carry around these days.

Got back from Davos and the World Economic Forum last week. The reception there was a huge success again. I was only there for two days and didn't have time to really venture out in Davos at all - or go up in the ski lifts like in previous years. It took months of preparation for this year's WEF and I am so glad it all paid off. There was some really wonderful praise and feedback coming my way afterwards from all sorts of incredible people/figures. Am very pleased about it all.

2 comments:

Clare said...

Is that the Melissa who took lots of photos at your wedding? Did you ever get to see them?

Red wine and coke - yuk!

Glad Davos went off ok. You work so hard for the damn thing you deserve the praise.

Keep warm!

Soph said...

Yes!! The same Melissa. I did get her pics from the wedding. I had asked her to be official photographer but quite rightly she didn't want the responsibility on the day, in case anything went wrong etc, plus she was a guest too! I wanted her to enjoy it all!

Thank you!! No snow in London YET!!!!