Wednesday 13 February 2008

New York, New York!

Elderly people are really not all that sweet and innocent you know! They just think they can get away with more but watch 'em!!! When you're back is turned!!!....

My sister Tamzin and her hubby Tom planned to be in New York on business this week (remember, they moved to LA permanently a little while back). My devious mother thought it would be great if my dad joined them out there as he deserves a break and has never been to the US. But the idea had to come from Tamzin. So a plot was formed and set in to action. Lo and behold...a hook, some line and a sinker later...they were off!! I actually found some really cheap flights with American Airlines. Shame the Manhattan hotel cost twice as much!

I am not sure if anyone else has ever attempted this but explaining to an OAP what online check in is, US visa waiver forms, customs forms for the US, baggage allowance, rules on carrying liquids in hand luggage, rules on taking a taxi outside JFK airport, when to tip at a hotel, how mobile phone roaming works etc etc etc - as well as all the little in's and out's such as 'no dad, you don't need to make your bed and vacate your hotel room every morning...it was all quite stressful really!

Floyd is starting a website of his own! Well....that's code for 'wife Sophie is creating a website for Floyd'!!! Keep an eye on www.floydlondon.com. It should be up and running soon. I am making him write his own content though!! Just be prepared for pictures of Floyd's socks or an in depth report on his favourite marmalde....perhaps!

Floyd and I are planning our trip to the US in April - part of which will be touring around Arizona on a Harley Davidson (but how much stuff can I take as a pillion rider? arggh!). I am also probably going for a week's hol later in the year with a friend - who I usually have a little holiday with each Summer. Last year was France and Italy - the year before was the Athens and the Greek Islands. We are just doing a short break this year - somewhere in Europe.

4 comments:

Clare said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clare said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clare said...

I heard a whisper about you possibly coming out in July. C'est vraie? If in the affirmative - YES!

Shall keep it to myself until you know for sure. Do you think Rex will do his falling in the swimmin gpool trick again?

Clare said...

I have no idea what is going on. There seems to be a problem with Blogger so you've got less comments than you thought you had. Sorry (bloody Blogger).